An exciting, creative position has become available for an experienced PR Account Manager with a flair for managing multiple clients across various sectors of travel, including destination, aviation and travel tech.
Joining an incredible team at creative travel agency, Black Diamond, the right candidate must be passionate about travel, highly creative and a strong writer. You will have the opportunity to excel within a dynamic hands-on agency, and help lead on some of our most exciting travel clients.
Managing exciting destination accounts from around the world, the role is appropriate for an experienced Travel PR Manager who’s ready to hit the ground running. You will also mentor and manage an Account Executive and be part of the wider PR team, working closely on day-to-day running of accounts, plus shorter projects and seasonal campaigns. This position will focus on media strategy, innovative brand campaigns, journalists liaison, press trips (some international travel will be required), organising and hosting client events and the fine art of multiple client management. Experience, implementation and in-depth knowledge of the above are all key to this position. Prior agency experience is a bonus.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage and implement clients’ PR and comms strategy in conjunction with the wider account teams.
- Manage the day-to-day client accounts and be a point of contact for clients.
- Curate an activity plan of pitches, press trips and partnerships that reflect specific client brand messaging and increase awareness.
- Implement PR strategies that engage key external stakeholders and provide demonstrable ROI for our clients.
- Organise and lead press trips.
- Provide monthly and campaign reports with in-depth analysis for future changes.
- Provide insight into new influencers and engage with the online travel community to suggest new and creative ideas based on account strategies.
- Host clients and journalists for meetings, events and missions.
- Oversee team members and work closely within the wider PR team.
- Work closely with the trade, digital and creative teams on overall account management and strategies
- Undertake regular competitor analysis and provide development ideas and innovative suggestions
- Project management when it arises
- Paid media partnership and broadcast project management
- Financial management and budget reporting
Interested? Here’s what we’re looking for from you:
- Excellent communication skills – you must be able to write snappy, engaging pitch content as well as longer form reports and pitches
- A passion for PR and an understanding of media landscape – you live and breathe the latest trends and are always thinking of how to improve client output
- Strategic and creative thinking
- Experience in setting up, managing and reporting on press trips and influencer campaigns, as well as hosting in destination
- Experience of managing a team and overseeing staff development
- Experience of running integrated campaigns across multiple disciplines
- Excellent media contacts across travel and lifestyle media (on and off-line)
- Willingness to work outside normal business hours and the occasional weekend with promotional activities, conferences, events, press trips and tradeshows
- Understanding of social media and the use of content within wider PR strategies and competency with use of Facebook and Instagram
- Experience in and understanding of the travel industry preferable
- Enthusiasm and willingness to work on client projects and new business pitches
- Documents eligible to work in the UK
- Ability to travel worldwide if needed, particularly the USA (vaccination required)
- A full current UK driving licence is preferred
The agency environment
Black Diamond is a nimble and passionate agency who thinks big. We are a growing team of 30+ and are a fully integrated agency home to highly experienced in-house creative, digital, marketing, media planning, travel trade and PR professionals. We share success stories, support one another and bring our enthusiasm, hard work, passion and fun to the office. We believe in employee development and have regular team and management reviews to set and track performance and personal goals.
Our offices are based in Somerset House and being a sociable team we take full advantage of having exhibitions, events and pop-up bars on our doorstep. Perks include Residents’ discounts and free entry to various events throughout the year, plus various Black Diamond led social events. The agency works in the office Tuesday and Wednesday, with remote working options Monday, Thursday and Friday.
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays (for every year of service, another day is accrued up to the total of 30)
- Travel opportunities (International)
- Weekly Wellness Hour
- Staff recognition and rewards, including Diamond of the Month award
- Remote and in-office hybrid working
- Seasonal company socials
- Central London location
- Previews to seasonal events and exhibitions at Somerset House