Technical Project Manager
A new role has opened within Black Diamond’s expanding digital team for a technical project manager. Having successfully developed and taken to market a suite of digital products over the past three years, our focus is now on building the digital team infrastructure in preparation for rapid growth across multiple industry verticals.
We are looking for an experienced individual to efficiently deliver projects for our expanding client portfolio. You will be working with a team of talented designers and developers to deliver web projects, with a primary focus on our core digital products.
As well as leading projects you will be a key player in the continued development of our digital services, gaining strategic experience as well as working with dynamic and varied clients.
As a Technical Project Manager at Black Diamond you will be expected to:
- Evaluate the brief and client requirements to determine the most appropriate delivery approach
- Deliver projects on time, on budget and on brief. Own project and programme commercials; proactively and appropriately manage project scope
- Meet regularly with clients to manage their expectations, ensure project and account stability, be the client’s trusted delivery partner and demonstrate, foster trust in Black Diamond’s delivery capabilities
- Assist in organising and helping write strategic pitch, RFP responses and proposals
- Demonstrate a leadership approach that ensures best in class delivery across all projects and through all stages of a project
- Nurture great ideas and find the best delivery approach to support creative, while ensuring commercial success
- Plan projects and facilitate working sessions both internally and with the client
- Run weekly and end-of-job reconciliations and the create accurate SOWs
- Proactively manage project risks, ensuring you have a clear mitigation plan and solutions in place
- Be the champion of your project team’s morale and help to facilitate strong working relationships
- Have a 'can-do' attitude that always delivers on time and to the highest quality.
Required skills and experience:
- A digital ‘native’ with knowledge of all existing and emerging digital channels
- A strong understanding of both waterfall and agile project management methodologies
- Strong ethos to deliver innovative, creative solutions that have the client’s needs at the heart
- A passion for emerging technologies, devices and digital products with a focus on user-centric design
- Digital product experience, ideally across native applications and web
- Manage workshops and client meetings, e.g. agendas, summaries, actions
- Directing and facilitating delivery teams across project and product management
- Budget creation, management and an awareness of market rates in the design industry
- Managing and forecasting resource requirements for projects
- Communicate technical or complex subjects to non-technical audiences
- Microsoft Office and Google Drive software skills
- Ability to communicate with authority and knowledge, with good negotiation and influencing skills.
Desirable/non-vital skills and experience:
- Experience in the leisure and tourism industry
- An understanding of the fundamentals of e-learning and community building
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplined, full-service agency environment.
Black Diamond is a full service agency specialising in travel, luxury and adventure sports. Existing clients include Visit California, Travel Portland, Colorado Tourism Office, Setouchi Tourism, Viceroy Hotels, Vail Resorts, Silversea Cruises and Air New Zealand.
Location: Covent Garden, London
Salary: Competitive salary dependent on experience
To be considered for this job you must have valid documentation to live and work in the UK, and the ability and willingness to travel when necessary.
To apply, please email your CV and a cover note to [email protected] No agencies please, we already have an exclusivity agreement in place.