Mid-Weight Web Developer
Salary: £Competitive DOE
We are looking for a Mid-level Front End Developer to join our team and help us build the Mogul platform.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with the whole team (Project Manager, UX designer, Technical Director and back-end developers) to deliver within bi-weekly sprints. We have three weekly meetings and demos of our work on our team TV, to ensure we provide the best experience for our clients.
You will contribute to architecture and future direction of Mogul’s front end strategy. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with our team to assess emerging technologies and identify future opportunities. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of creating and maintaining complex web apps and delivering high-quality software.
- Developing, testing and maintaining highly interactive interfaces, lesson templates and features for the Mogul platform
- Interpreting and responding to client requirements to delight our customers
- Actively engaging in product research and development discussions, contributing ideas that will influence the future product direction.
- Experience with writing CSS with Sass using Styled Components
- Experience working with Git and NPM/Yarn
- Experience with testing frameworks/libraries e.g Jest/Enzyme/React testing library
- Experience fetching/consuming APIs or Web Services
- Experience with browser testing and multi-browser/multi-platform compatibility
- Good Knowledge of module bundlers e.g Webpack
- Good understanding of building performant websites
- Experience with agile software delivery and the different approaches that can be used
- Good understanding of responsive design techniques
- Familiarity with accessibility standards, data protection and web security
- An understanding of the fundamentals of e-learning and community building
- Experience with Node.js
- MySQL database design and usage
- Experience working in an Agency environment
- Experience working on a multi-tenant SaaS platform
- Knowledge of PHP, including MVC frameworks (such as CakePHP or Laravel)
- Understand the concepts of user experience and user-centric design
- Knowledge of GraphQL
- Experience using Prisma, GraphQL Yoga
- Building great sites for SEO
- Training opportunities
- Regular code reviews and pair programming
- Team demos and collaboration
To be considered for this job you must have valid documentation to live and work in the UK, and the ability and willingness to travel when necessary.
Black Diamond the Company:
Black Diamond is a full service agency offering clients PR, marketing, advertising and travel trade representation, alongside its digital and content creation divisions. Existing clients include Visit California, Travel Portland, Colorado Tourism Office, Visit Santa Barbara, Greater Palm Springs, Tourism Whistler and Japan’s Setouchi Tourism Authority.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send a covering letter and CV to [email protected]