Junior Trade Account Manager
Salary: £Competitive DOE
Location: Covent Garden, London
An exciting position has become available for a Junior Account Manager to join the Black Diamond Travel Trade team, offering the opportunity to excel within a fast paced team environment in a dynamic, hands-on agency.
The position will involve representing destinations in the USA and include but not limited to; meeting with members of the UK & Irish travel trade to train, encourage product development while developing relationships with key suppliers and partners. Other important elements of the role will include assisting in planning, developing and leading familiarisation trips, working on Cooperative Marketing opportunities to increase each client’s presence within the UK & Ireland trade market place, attending exhibitions and various trade events.
The role is appropriate for someone who has experience within the travel industry and now looking to develop their career. This varied and evolving role offers excellent career progression opportunities for the right person.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manage and grow client accounts
- Initiate innovative marketing programmes & sales incentives
- Plan and co-ordinate client budgets
- Co-ordinate and host educational trips
- Develop training programme and conduct trainings
- Develop and co-ordinate industry outreach (newsletters, assisting with agent enquiries etc.)
- Assist with event organisation and attend exhibitions on behalf of clients
- Provide support to line manager and wider team
- Travel industry experience, ideally in sales and/or marketing/product
- Knowledge of the UK & Irish travel industries & key tour operators to the USA
- First-hand knowledge of California would be a distinct advantage
- Be prepared to travel (both domestically and overseas)
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Good command or working knowledge of French or Spanish
- Full, clean driving licence preferable
- Ability to plan and prioritise a complex workload; someone who effectively manages their time, can work independently and deal with a variety of activities and projects
- A friendly, outgoing and confident person; a smart appearance, a positive and enthusiastic attitude and approach are required
- Capability to take the initiative and anticipate the requirements of other team members in order to provide effective support
- A demonstrable aptitude for learning, paying attention to detail and for new challenges
- Motivated, adaptable and able to work well under pressure
- Ability to work both as an integral part of the team as well as on their own
Black Diamond is a full service agency offering clients PR, marketing, advertising and travel trade representation, alongside its digital, talent management and TV divisions. Existing clients include Visit California, Travel Portland, Colorado Tourism Office, Visit San Diego, Greater Palm Springs Oasis, San Francisco Travel Association, Aspen Snowmass and Whistler.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com.